Day 13, and Day 14
October 20th: Saltillo, Mexico to San Pedro de las Colonias, Mexico
October 21st: San Pedro de las Colonias, Mexico to Durango, Mexico
On the 20th we headed from Saltillo, Mexico to San Pedro de las Colonias, Mexico on the advice of a British lady that was staying in our hotel. The drive was nice. Lots of desert again! We stayed in a quaint, yet beautiful hotel called La Hacienda. Instead of staying in the rooms across the way from the house, we were offered a room in the main house. The bathroom was huge, with a staircase leading to a pedestal sink, a massive open concept shower, and a jacuzzi tub.....unfortunately, as grandeur as the bathroom was, there wasn't any hot water and the water pressure was next to nothing, so it made for a pretty slow and chilly shower in the evening. The lady running the hotel was extremely accomodating, and also very friendly. I snagged the opportunity to take as many pictures of the garden there as I could, and she was more than willing to give us a little tour of the garden, telling us the names of all the flowers in Spanish. This morning she made us a nice pot of fresh coffee, and gave us some cookies to start off our day. Then we were off for Durango, which was, yet again, another drive through the desert. This time though, the drive was a little more chilly, due to the altitude and I actually had goosebumps a little bit when there was a breeze. I'm sure, though, that all of you back in Canada have VERY little sympathy for a chilly breeze when the temperature's dropping quickly there!
October 21st: San Pedro de las Colonias, Mexico to Durango, Mexico
On the 20th we headed from Saltillo, Mexico to San Pedro de las Colonias, Mexico on the advice of a British lady that was staying in our hotel. The drive was nice. Lots of desert again! We stayed in a quaint, yet beautiful hotel called La Hacienda. Instead of staying in the rooms across the way from the house, we were offered a room in the main house. The bathroom was huge, with a staircase leading to a pedestal sink, a massive open concept shower, and a jacuzzi tub.....unfortunately, as grandeur as the bathroom was, there wasn't any hot water and the water pressure was next to nothing, so it made for a pretty slow and chilly shower in the evening. The lady running the hotel was extremely accomodating, and also very friendly. I snagged the opportunity to take as many pictures of the garden there as I could, and she was more than willing to give us a little tour of the garden, telling us the names of all the flowers in Spanish. This morning she made us a nice pot of fresh coffee, and gave us some cookies to start off our day. Then we were off for Durango, which was, yet again, another drive through the desert. This time though, the drive was a little more chilly, due to the altitude and I actually had goosebumps a little bit when there was a breeze. I'm sure, though, that all of you back in Canada have VERY little sympathy for a chilly breeze when the temperature's dropping quickly there!




4 Comments:
hey lin looks like you're having an amasing time! Mexico from the sound of it and by the pictures is very pretty. I hope you guys have lots more adventures so you can come home and share then around the fire... lol. We miss you so much but we are happy to spare you if your having fun and are happy/healthy.
lotz of love from you cuz Katja
Hi Jan and Linda
Have a save trip
Walter
I figured I'd be cool and post here since i haven't seen you on msn in almost 3 days!
Have a great time, and here's a taste of what you're missing: I had an 18 hour day today... woke up at 5:30, left for ottawa at 6:30, meetings from 9 to 4, dinner with clients from 5:30 to 9:00, drop off this girl from work and back home at 11:40
So... yeah... have fun at the beach eh?
-tibi :)
Hi Linda,
Just me again...Cold here, maybe snow showers tonight. Oh well...did you run into any hurricanes. I hope not. Love reading your journals....it will be awesome to look back on.
Take Care
Talk to you soon.
Denise
Post a Comment
<< Home