Our Motorcycle Diaries

You do know what an adventure is, don't you?.....A disaster that you survived to tell about ;)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-- Mark Twain

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Day 68, and Day 69

December 14th, 2005: Guapiles, Costa Rica
December 15th, 2005: Guapiles, Costa Rica

Well, after our crazy adventures with the rain and fog over the last few days we decided to take it easy. As such I spent yesterday bumming around the hotel waiting for the weather to clear up a little and my dad took a trip to see what the town had to offer. Today we went into town to get some stuff for our bikes, and spent the afternoon lounging around the pool. Since I have no exciting pictures to show, or stories to tell, I figured now was the time to pull out the special edition material. This is a work in progress, so check back often..I'll be updating it!!
These are a few pictures that I like to call: "Central American Death Traps"
Manholes, Grates and Ditches....covers are optional!









Road Work At It's Finest!










The infamous 'suicide shower'

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed a great snow storm yesterday! A few cm in one afternoon... almost thought it could be a snow day, but alas, the snowplows were out in full force, ensuring that dedicated workers across Ontario could make it to work on time.
I like the Death Traps... I assuming there are no "Connies of the MOL" down there! (Jan will know what I mean!) Enjoy your time in Costa Rica! Miss you.
Wendy
PS - I'm getting your Christmas present next week... :)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda
Just want to wish you and your dad a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2006.
Take care.....
I love reading your journals
Talk to you soon

Denise

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda; Just your next door neighbour, we are thinking of you and following your trip. It sounds like you are having a great time and seeing alot of country. Everything her is good. We have lots of snow. Today is Christmas Eve, our kids are coming in the morning. Scott our new baby is growing very fast, and is doing well. We are going to the farm on the 29th of Dec. to looking after Zoey and Erica and of course the horses and chicken. Leeanne and Jamie are going south for a week before school starts back. Have a Very Merry Christmas and a safe New Year. Pat and Elaine

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home